Wednesday 21 December 2011

My thoughts on Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while, I just thought I would tell you guys my thoughts on these strips because I used them for the first time this week.


So one of the things I was worried about was the application of these, it does look really difficult. I've watched a ton of tutorials on it so I had a pretty good idea of how to do it. The friend that I did it with struggled because she had never seen them applied before. I actually didn't find it too difficult to apply them, the first one was a little difficult because you don't really know what to expect. They are a lot more durable then I thought that they would be, so if you make a mistake you can sometimes peal them off and place them again. My friend actually ripped a few but I never had that trouble.

Some complaints I do have though are: the strips are kind of in between my nail sizes, so all of them are a little too small, you can't really tell unless you look really up close though. Also if you have really big finger nails, or thumb nails this will not work for you. Also they smell really funky, like nail polish plus the most disgusting sweaty person you will ever meet, for like days after too. I washed my hands a million times and it would not stop smelling. Also, they're expensive, like almost 9 dollars.

The good things: I have a shaky hand with nail polish so this works well for me because none goes outside of your nail. Also they're a lot more durable then normal polish, I've had them on for three days now and so far there are no chips!

I used the gold color and my friend used the houndstooth and they both looked really cool, I wish I could show you guys a picture but unfortunately I do not currently have access to a camera.

All in all if you're like me and like to try new things, I think this is worth a try!

I hope you all have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment